Information Collection and Use – General
We may collect and combine information when you interact with proficomment.com including:
- Information You Provide to Us. We may collect the information that you provide to us, such as:
- When you create an account with an com. (Please note, when you use our Site, we may recognize you or your devices even if you are not signed in to our Site.) We may use device IDs, cookies, and other signals, including information obtained from third parties, to associate accounts and/or devices with you.
- When you use com to communicate with others or post, upload or store content (such as comments, photos, voice inputs, videos, emails, messaging services and attachments).
- com analyzes and stores all communications content, including email content from incoming and outgoing mail. This allows us to deliver, personalize and develop relevant features, content, advertising and Services.
- When you otherwise use our Site, such as title queries, watch history, page views, search queries, view the content we make available.
- When you sign up for paid Services, use Services that require your financial information or complete transactions with us or our business partners, we may collect your payment and billing information.
- Device Information. We collect information from your devices (computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.), including information about how you interact with our Services and those of our third-party partners and information that allows us to recognize and associate your activity across devices and Services. This information includes device specific identifiers and information such as IP address, cookie information, mobile device and advertising identifiers, browser version, operating system type and version, mobile network information, device settings, and software data. We may recognize your devices to provide you with personalized experiences and advertising across the devices you use.
- Location Information. We collect location information from a variety of sources.
- Information from Cookies and Other Technologies:
- We collect information when you access content, advertising, sites, interactive widgets, applications, and other products (both on and off of our Services) where our Site’s data collection technologies (such as web beacons, development tools, cookies and other technologies, etc.) are present. These data collection technologies allow us to understand your activity on and off our Services and to collect and store information when you interact with Services we offer to partners.
- This information also includes the kind of content or ads served, viewed or clicked on; the frequency and duration of your activities; the sites or apps you used before accessing our Services and where you went next; whether you engaged with specific content or ads; and whether you went on to visit an advertiser’s website, downloaded an advertiser’s app, purchased a product or service advertised, or took other actions.
- Information from Others. We collect information about you when we receive it from other users, third-parties, and affiliates, such as:
- When you connect your account to third-party services or sign in using a third-party partner (like Facebook or Twitter).
- From publicly-available sources.
- From advertisers about your experiences or interactions with their offerings.
- When we obtain information from third-parties or other companies, such as those that use our Services. This may include your activity on other sites and apps as well as information those third-parties provide to you or us.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We process customer and client personal information and use direct marketing as part of this legitimate interest. We may use the information we have about you for the following purposes:
- Send you something you’ve requested, such as email newsletter
- Send you information from Third Door Media that we think you’ll be interested in
- Send you information from our advertisers
- Help advertisers and publishers connect to offer relevant advertising in their apps and websites
- Match and serve targeted advertising (across devices and both on and off of our Services) and provide targeted advertising based on your device activity, inferred interests and location information.
- Target advertising based on your interests
- Carry out or support promotions.
- Conduct research and support innovation
- Provide location-based Services, advertising, search results, and other content consistent with your location settings.
- Detect and defend against fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful activity.
We keep your information safely and securely for as long as necessary or according to your instructions, and we review the data we hold at least once every two years.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information to deliver content and services from our sites, affiliated companies and third parties that might interest you; including sponsored content and events, for business operations, and to comply with valid legal processes.
- We need to provide your information to other companies in order to deliver the services you want from us, such as having an email list sent out and managing your email preferences, or to process your event order. In these cases, the information is used only for the specific service you wanted from us.
- For Legal and Other Purposes. We may access, preserve and disclose information to investigate, prevent, or take action in connection with: (1) legal process and legal requests; (2) enforcement of the Terms; (3) claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; (4) requests for customer service; (5) technical issues; (6) protecting the rights, property or personal safety of Site, its users or the public; (7) establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims; or (8) as otherwise required by law.
We may also aggregate information and disclose it to advertisers and other third parties for marketing, promotional, and other purposes. In these cases, we do NOT disclose any personally identifiable information as part of this.
Your Rights Over Your Personal Information
- You have the right to opt out of our direct marketing at any point. You can unsubscribe from our emails by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email, or by contacting us directly.
- You can request access to the personal information we hold on you, at any time, and we will provide that information within one month of receiving your request.
- You can also request your information to be deleted, and we will respond within one month of receiving your request.
Policy Changes, Questions & Comments